The New York Post

Anti-Israel protesters swarm Grand Central Terminal, splatter fake blood on New York Times building and set Israel flag ablaze

The mob was part of a “Flood Manhattan for Gaza” protest that initially converged on Columbus Circle earlier in the evening

The entrance to the New York Times building is seen covered in fake blood.

James Keivom

Hundreds of anti-Israel protesters calling for the elimination of the Jewish state stormed Grand Central Terminal in New York on Friday night, furiously banging and kicking at a locked entrance of the station that was forced to temporarily close over the rowdy demonstration.

The mob was part of a “Flood Manhattan for Gaza” protest that initially converged on Columbus Circle earlier in the evening, where they set fire to an Israeli flag and taunted a small faction of counter-demonstrators before marching through Manhattan and splattering fake blood on the New York Times building.

“We don’t want a Jewish state. We want ‘48!” the anti-Israel protesters chanted at the starting point, referring to Palestine before the establishment of Israel.

“Settlers, settlers go back home! Palestine is ours alone!” the crowd yelled. “It is right to rebel. Israel, go to Hell!” others chanted.

See also: Gaza’s main hospital goes dark in intense fighting as Israel’s attacks put it at odds with allies

Across the street stood a small group of Israel supporters. Bergen County resident Gregory Jachts, 56, said he found it “offensive that they’re here chanting for the elimination of Israel.”

“They were chanting from the river to the sea and that calls for the elimination of Israel and the genocide of the Jews,” said Jachts, who is not Jewish but has family in Israel.

Several protesters confronted a pro-Israel woman who held her hand over her mouth trying to fight back tears as an NYPD officer spoke to her. “Cry b—h, cry!” one masked man yelled at the distraught woman and a handful of other pro-Israel demonstrators from behind a police barricade.

The roughly 2,000 demonstrators marched eastward on 59th Street from Columbus Circle and plastered stickers reading “Zionism is terrorism,” and “Israel is committing genocide in Gaza!” on the windows and doors of the Dior store on 5th Avenue.

Anna Ahmed, 40, who lives in Midtown, held a Palestinian flag as she marched. She told The Post she wanted to see an end to the violence. “Since ’48 Israel came and occupied Palestine. Since that day and today they’re killing kids and children. Every day they’re bombing hospitals, kids and schools, and houses,” she said.

More than 11,000 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run health ministry, since Israel responded to Hamas’ Oct. 7 surprise attack that left some 1,200 Israelis dead.

The demonstrators projected messages “Palestine will be free,” “Cease apartheid,” “Cease funding Israel,” and “Cease Imperialism” on the Museum of Modern Art building before heading towards Times Square.

The group turned south and raged at two different Starbucks stores on 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue, prompting workers to lock the doors at one location.

“Shut it down! Shut it down!” they screamed as patrons and employees looked on. “You make drinks for genocide! You make drinks for genocide!” others yelled. Some left pro-Palestinian stickers on the windows as a large group of cops stood in front of the door.

They then splattered fake blood on the iconic New York Times building, where hundreds of Pro-Palestinian protesters took over on Thursday. “F–k New York Times!” the crowd chanted.

“Zionist media. That’s the Zionist media. I see you again, b—h!” a Palestine supporter yelled at a journalist before cops separated them.

The march continued to Grand Central Terminal, where protesters tried to force their way inside the locked doors.

“1,2, 3,4! Open up the central doors!” they yell at cops who stood inside behind barricades. Some protesters ripped up posters showing missing hostages. A protester kicked one door in, cracking the glass. Another one hit a door with the tip of a flagpole.

Scores of police surrounded the terminal and ordered the crowd — which had dwindled to a few hundred — to disperse. Entrances to Grand Central were closed Friday night because of the demonstration. Pro-Palestinian protesters shut down the train station during a demonstration last month where more than 300 people were arrested.

At least one man was seen being arrested Friday night near Lexington Avenue and 43rd Street by several police officers as protesters berated the cops. “NYPD, KKK, IDF! They’re all the same!” the crowd jeered at the cops.

Police confirmed that multiple people were taken into custody but did not have a final tally.

This article was first published on